Museums and Community Collaborations Abroad

Not Just Another Brick in the Wall: Engaging Italian and American Teens in Planetarium Technology

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Headed to LSMSA again!

Hi all...I am going to be heading out to LSMSA to work on the D3 components. Mainly we'll focus on uploading the files and (cross your fingers) play them through D3 w/o any issues arising. I plan on bringing the files back to Shreveport and uploading them in the planetarium but the upload won't take place for a few days (we are currently undergoing a technical repair with the planetarium).

Speaking of files...I don't think I stated my expectations. Keep in mind I haven't seen anything outside of what's been posted on the facebook and/or blogs, so I am "clueless" as to what the final film will feature. I expect this to be a film that is going to be everything but a typical planetarium show...LOL! My initial thoughts were to help create something dealing with astronmoy, but as I've watched the progress, I've seen more and more how the film is focusing on aspects of common life for Americans versus Italians. I am very amused by the Italians video postings - they are hilarious! I never imagined comedy to be associated with a planetarium environment...but that is part of my cultural understanding. In reflecting over this project, I've discovered the word "planetarium" now needs to expand its connotation. I'd love to write more, but I've got to mosey on down the road. I'll provide more "fodder" when I return.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Cheers,
Greg

1 comment:

  1. The trip to LSMSA was great. I didn't get any bar-b-que this time (LOL) but we were able to make due progress on the outline script. Cari came up with an excellent idea (I'll let her tell it) that we are going to implement as part of the theme for the film. Hopefully everyone is agreeable to the idea. It's amazing how everything is gelling together despite being on different parts of the globe. Thank goodness for Skype :-)

    ReplyDelete